Sunday, July 29, 2007

2 weeks after

Tomorrow is 2 weeks after my surgery. Thought I would post an update as to how I am feeling. Overall feel pretty good. Still have some numbness on the right side of my face, very minor. The top portion of my ear is very numb, not sure if that will get better or here to stay. Had my check-up after the first week and doc said healing well and looked good. Really only missed 4 days of work. When you own your own company it is both good and bad. Somebody has got to be there to make sure that everybody gets paid but on the flip-side very flexible hours so that has helped. Still a long way away to turn on so just biding my time and working on a full recovery so there is no complications. I like to compartmentalize my life so I have stuck that in the back and am trying not to think of it or else it would drive me crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
Great to hear how will your doing after your surgery.
I know you'll do well waiting for aug.27,to come keeping your self busy as time goes by.
Your spirits are great keep up great work.
Love Bill and Anne

Yana said...

The numbness might stay for a while. I think only this past week I got rid of all of mine (top of the ear and the area around the incision).

I am glad you feel better!

Linda Halldorson said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.I'm sure that the time seems long but when the 27th arrives the wait will have been worthwhile. Your family must be as excited as you are . Wish we could be there when the big day comes .
Good luck
Aunty Linda & Ron

Unknown said...

Where do I begin... I can never get through your blog without having tears in my eyes. Growing up you have always been a hero to me, the way did everything faster and better than me made you larger than life. As we grew I never stopped being proud of my big brother and grew so thankful of the amazing friendship we have made as adults. When you lost your hearing I prayed for it to come back so things would not change between us, my prayers were only half answered your hearing did not come back but nothing changed between us. You were still the most supportive and loving brother that you were before, one with more challenges, but none that you did not overcome. On the 27th I am waiting for the other half of my prayer to be answered. I know that will be a remarkable day in your life, one you have worked so hard to achieve and overcome. Although there are many miles between us I never stop thinking of you and your family every day and I want you all to know how much you are loved and how hard I will be praying for you all on August 27th. May all your dreams come true. We love you lots.

Shelley and the rest of the balan clan xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.