Monday, July 23, 2007

Re-Learning to Hear

As my countdown for turn-on continues it might be a good time to remind myself what to expect. As excited as I am about this event this is really just the beginning in my quest to hear again. The example I gave in an earlier post about what it is like to hear with a cochlear implant is in a perfect world and with excellent results. It will be a totally new way to hear, unlike anything I am used to or compared to normal hearing. I will have to learn HOW to hear again and the journey won't be a short one. I look forward to this challenge and we all hope for the best.

3 comments:

Yana said...

It's a lot of fun, but it can be frustrating at times. I know you will do fine!

Anonymous said...

I've never know you to back down from a challenge. With some patience you'll be fine! Looking forward to your turn on day.
Love B

Linda Halldorson said...

Glad that the surgery is over and all went well. We have a lot of faith that you will be fine on your turn on day. We will be cheering for you all the way.
Good luck
Aunty Linda & Ron