Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Half Way

Three weeks after surgery and 3 weeks to go until "Turn-On". As we get closer for some reason my expectations have diminished. I have followed and talked to many other people that have received a cochlear implant and they all rave about hearing things like the door squeak, a bird sing, their footsteps and other environmental sounds. I really am not hoping to hear those things, I'm sure it will be nice but what I am really after is to hear voice again. I want to hear my wife say I love you in the dark, my daughter singing from the backseat of the car, my son call me from the other room to tell me the game is on. This is what I am hoping for. Voice will be the most difficult thing to master with my new hearing but I will not stop until I have succeeded.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yana said...

You will hear voice. In the beginning everything will sound the same and then you will start recognizing voices and environmental sounds.