Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dog Days

It's the dog days of summer and it is really dragging on. Especially due to the fact that I can't wait for August to end. Well 10 more days until I get my "new sound" and it seems like this has dragged on forever. Feeling really good and just want to go to the next step. I did work up the courage to watch a cochlear implant surgery and it is quite interesting and graphic. If you want to watch, just click here. I have been in contact with the cochlear team in Vancouver and we have got all the details worked out for "turn on" week. My doctor keeps me pretty level headed, making sure I know what to expect and not have very high hopes for immediate success. I know I get the external hardware on the 27th but that will just be the beginning of another long journey that will have a happy ending. So the dog days of summer drag on......

2 comments:

Lightbeing said...

Stacey,

We are thinking of you and know the wait must be a long one for you. Hang in there! Before you know it, the day will be here! You are an amazing person and I am honored to have you for a brother-inlaw. It takes amazing strength and courge to go through what you have. But to see you always positive and trying to make the best of what you have is wonderful and inspiring to see. Keep up the great work and know too, that even though we aren't there in person with you, we will always be there in spirit! Sending you hugs and wishes to great and wonderful things to come your way!

Sharon and family

Linda Halldorson said...

Hi
We can't imagine how long the times must seem to you.You are a very courageous person and we certainly admire your strength. The end result will be well worth the wait for you and you wonderful family. Our prayers are with you for "turn on day"
You have so much to look forward to.
Our Best Wishes
Aunty Linda & Ron