Thursday, June 28, 2007

Waiting.....

Not much new to update, just waiting. As I wait I continue to research what we will be going through. Sometimes knowledge is a great thing and the internet provides us with that. Ever since I lost my hearing 5 years ago I have been researching and getting updates on the Cochlear Implant. Today I can guide people to a site where they can hear how I will hear. I can watch a full cochlear implant surgery on-line, if I had the stomach for it. I can communicate with other people that have gone through surprisingly similar hearing loss. I say that sometimes knowledge is great because other-times we can overload ourselves and maybe learn to much. I am at the point now where I figure I know enough and just want to do. It's all a matter of patience and each day it gets closer. I have come across many stories good and bad and I think its time to find out how mine will end. So with that we try to go about our normal routine with this lingering in the background and each day my stomach boils a little more wondering how this will all turn out.

3 comments:

Yana said...

Hi!

Thanks for the comment in my blog and for following it! It's great to know someone finds my information useful! Also, it's an awesome idea to start a blog for yourself and for everyone out there who needs information.

I am sure you can't wait to go under the knife! :) Please know I will answer any questions you havem just post them on my blog! I am also linking to your blog.

Billy said...

Hey Stacey,
Saw your post on Yana's blog so I dropped in on yours. Hello! :) Your journey is very interesting and it will have a good ending:)
Lot's of luck with your surgery.
Read my blog if ya got time, have my CI for about a month now.
Again, good luck!
Billy

Stacey said...

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. I have also made it easier to leave comments, you know longer need to have a Goggle account. Just type, pick Other identity and publish. Leave your name though so I know who to thank. Stacey.